Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, thinley sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 orange
- In large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning chicken once and stirring garlic occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine lime peel, lime juice, ginger, and red pepper; set aside. Peel orange. Reserving juice, cut orange in half lengthwise; then cut crosswise into slices. Add any reserved orange juice and the lime juice mixture to the skillet. Place orange slices on top of the chicken. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until healted through.
This is a nice light summertime entree. The chicken was nice and tender with a sweet flavor. It's perfect served with a rice side and a green vegetable.