Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I originally found and made this recipe for my SIL, who can't have sugar, but it turns out the whole family is crazy for these little bites, You might also try switching out the key lime ingredients with a tablespoon of unsweetened baking cocoa; yum! Double-check your dates for pits - they are hard on a processor blade!
- Add the almonds and cashews to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped (but do not pulse too long; you do not want the nuts to turn into paste).
- Zest and juice the limes, and add to the bowl along with the dates.
- Pulse until the dates are finely chopped and the mixture starts to clump.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls (about 20).
- Roll in coconut to coat outside of the balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.