Recipe by carolinafan
Easy because you don't have to bake the cake.
Top Review by Chef Mrs. P. #308858
Great cake, made it with fresh key limes(hard to find)also made it with bottled key lime juice, both were good.Used Heavey Whipping Cream, in place of the coolwhip. Whip 1 1/2 cups Heavey Cream. Excellent. Remember to store this cake in the fridge. (If there are any leftovers!)
- 1 (10 inch) round angel food cake
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice or 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- sliced kiwi fruit
- strawberry, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer; cut side up on serving plate.
- Beat milk, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1 cup lime mixture evenly over top of first layer of cake. Place second layer of cake on bottom layer; spread evenly with 1 cup lime mixture. Top with remaining layer of cake.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining lime mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish cake with kiwifruit and strawberries.