Recipe by SuacyMama
A rich delicious recipe with lots of flavor and a little spicy Kick. A baked Macaroni like none you've had before. My husband is famous for this macaroni. Its a bit of work but worth it.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (16 ounce) bags cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 large white onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 habanero pepper, diced
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 2 pinches of salt to Large pot of water. Bring water to a boil and add macoroni to pot. Boil until tender.
- Strain macaroni and place back in pot, add Butter and stir macaroni until butter melts.
- Stir in 1 1/2 bags cheese slowly so it stirs evenly (reserve 1/2 for topping).
- Add paprika, black pepper, onion, bell pepper and 1/2 of diced habanero. stir well until cheese is melted and blended.
- Beat eggs lightly and stir into mixture.
- Slowly add evaporated milk to pot about half a cup at a time. Stir well and then spread evenly into a large prepared baking pan about 13 x 9.
- Top with remainder of cheese and loosely cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until top is a golden color.
- Allow macaroni to cool for 45-50 minutes until room temperature THIS IS ESSENTIAL! this macaroni is cut into squares to serve not scooped so it has to cool. It can be reheated to eat warm but has to cool at 1st to set.