Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I hate ketchup on meat, so I tend to stay away from meatloaf, but I made this using mustard based barbecue sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (mustard based)
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. I suggest using your hands.
- Bake in an ungreased loaf pan for about 45 minutes on 375 degrees.
- Center should be at least 165 degrees when tested with a thermometer.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Marvelous, this meatloaf was even a hit with my ketchup obsessed hubby. Trust me, thats a testament. I didn't have the ask for bbq sauce and to be honest I was too lazy to make some so I just squirted in a good (3-4 Tbsp) portion of spicy brown mustard and a bit more water for the moisture. I also didn't add the cheese because I figures that there was already enough fat in the burger. This will now be my go to recipe when DH wants meatloaf, he really loved it and I most always have a box or two of that stuffing mix in the pantry.
Made this tonight and it was great! I deviated from the recipe a little - I used regular barbecue sauce instead of a mustard based sauce because DH isn't a fan of mustard. And while I'm not a fan of meatloaves that are very ketchupy (is that a word?) I do like a little ketchup/brown sugar glaze on the top for a touch of sweetness and will probably add that next time. Thanks for posting Chef Jean!
Delicious! I found this recipe to be just right. You did not need to change a thing in this recipe. For our loafs I chose to make mini ones. Thanks to Sparks I have now found a new favorite meatloaf recipe to make for my family.