Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Weekend magazine, a Diwali special treat!
- 3⁄4 kg cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar or 3 tablespoons icing sugar or 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 -5 saffron strands, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- Blend all the ingredients except saffron and lemon peel to a smooth paste.
- Take a wok and heat the blended mixture in it.
- Once heated through (about 10-15 minutes), reduce the flame.
- Keep stirring until the mixture is dry.
- Add saffron and lemon peel.
- Mix well.
- Spread the mixture well onto a greased plate.
- Allow to cool completely.
- When cool, cut into rectangles or squares.
- Store refrigerated.