Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderfully refreshing spring time drink. Best when the mint is at it's peak. This is another recipe from my Mixologist son Bourbon can be an acquired taste but trust me - if you don't really like the first one - you will like the 2nd one and you'll LOVE the 3rd.
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 8 -10 organic mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon organic simple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- crushed ice
- Gently muddle mint leaves in glass of choice. Apparently a silver or pewter cup is traditional.
- Add bourbon then refrigerate for two hours to let infuse.
- When ready to serve add crushed ice, simple syrup and bitters.
- Stir and serve.