Recipe by AmandaInOz
Refreshing Vietnamese dessert. Cooking time is freezing time.
Top Review by awalde
WOW! This is delicious and impressive! Really a special recipe to serve to guests!
I love the exotic taste of the lychees with the ginger.
I used canned ginger and fresh for decoration.
Will do it again!
- 100 g lychees in heavy syrup
- 15 g gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 150 ml water
- mint leaf, for garnish
- lychees, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lychees in a blender or food processor together with the ginger and water. Process to a fine puree.
- Pour the mixture into a 23cm square baking tin and put into the freezer for 3 hours.
- Break the iced mixture into chunks and process again until slushy.
- Return to the baking tin and freeze once more until solid.
- Allow the mixture to soften lightly (about 5 minutes) and scoop into 4 champagne glasses or rice bowls.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lychees.