1/1 Photo of Kelly's Calico Apple Bars
Rich, moist bar cookies that taste more like a very rich cake! Packed with chocolate chips, raisins, pecans and applesauce! Pure heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: I have tried both the 6 oz and the 12 oz size bags before--Both work; The 6 oz works perfectly, but when I am BINGING for chocolate I have used the 12 oz size bag instead; (hehe) The 12 oz size makes them VERY chocolately, though, and are just a bit harder to cut due to all that ooey, gooey chocolate!
- 2Either way, you can't go wrong!
- 3Cream shortening and sugar, add eggs, beat.
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with applesauce.
- 5(I add half of the flour with the rest of the dry ingredients, then half of the applesauce, then the rest of the flour, then the rest of the applesauce).
- 6Fold in chips, raisins and pecans.
- 7Bake in greased 13x9 baking pan or glass dish for 40 minutes at 350°, cool completely, sift powdered sugar over top, cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Calico Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 170.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g