Prep 0 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe was a winner in a Better Homes and Gardens recipe contest many years ago and I have wanted to try it forever. Last evening I prepared for my DH Crab Meat Stuffed Flounder, Crab Stuffed Flounder. I used tilapia instead, because I couldn't find fresh flounder and I don't like it frozen, and prepared this sauce to go with.It was wonderful together, he said gourmet restaurant quality food! Both recipes are keepers. Try them!!
- 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In a 2 quart saucepan bring the champagne to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add whipping cream, cooking over medium heat about 8 more minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Gradually stir hot mixture into egg yolks, return all to saucepan. Cook and stir till boiling. Add chives, salt and pepper.
- Serve over fish or chicken.
- Makes about 3/4 cup.