Kathi Kebab (Chicken and Egg Paratha Rolls)
- For the paratha: dissolve the sugar in the milk, set aside. Mix the flour and salt into a bowl and rub in the ghee. Start adding the warm milk and sugar and knead in the bowl to form a soft, smooth dough. Divide the dough into 16 equal balls and set aside to rest for half an hour.
- Roll each one into a thin circle. Heat a flat griddle over a medium heat and cook the paratha for 30 seconds on each side until half cooked, set aside and cook the remaining breads.
- For the filling: heat a dry pan and add the coriander seeds and dried chilli. Toast until they give off a spicy aroma, then crush to a rough powder using a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat. Add the garlic and fry until it just starts to colour, then add the coriander and chilli mix. Next add the tomatoes and stir well. Turn down the heat and fry for about 10 minutes, until the tomatoes reduce down to a pulp.
- Add the turmeric, chopped ginger, green chilli, half the coriander leaves and stir well. Continue cooking for a few minutes more. Increase the heat and add the chicken pieces to the pan. Season with a large pinch of salt and toss into the tomato mixture. Fry, stirring for about 10 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add the shredded ginger, the remaining coriander leaves, and the garam masala. Stir well and keep warm over a low heat while you finish cooking the paratha.
- Set a small frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil. Pour 2 spoons of lightly beaten egg into the pan, cook for a moment, stirring, then place a paratha on top, cook for a minute to set the egg before turning it over to cook through. Put it on a plate, spoon some of the chicken mix down the centre and roll it over the filling. Repeat with the remaining parathas.