Recipe by origamifreak
Baby-back ribs in a spicy tomato garlic sauce. Start in the oven and finish on the grill.
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- 64 ounces spicy hot V8
- 8 ounces garlic (minced)
- salt-free lemon pepper
- barbecue sauce, for grilling
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour about 1/2 of an inch of V8 into the bottom of an extra long disposable roasting pan.
- Place ribs bone-side down into the V8. The juice should come up around the sides of the ribs but not cover them. If necessary, add more V8.
- Heavily cover the meat side of the ribs with minced garlic. Press into the meat.
- Generously sprinkle lemon pepper onto the garlic-smothered meat. Press in with fingers.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 425 F for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 350 for another hour.
- Reduce heat to 200 for at least 20 minutes, at most 2 hours (to accomodate flexible eating time and tenderize).
- Preheat grill.
- Place on bone-side down on grill and slather with preferred barbeque sauce.
- Grill on medium-high, for 15-20 minutes or until done.