Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My SIL made this for the family about 20 years ago and everyone still makes it regualarly. The kids love it. It is a simple, quick and cheap meal for the family.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package flour tortilla
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown Beef in a skillet.
- Add Rotel and soup to beef, mixing well.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish layer flour tortillas and beef mixture, ending with beef.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes to make it easier to cut.
This is a great and easy to make recipe. It was a little too spicy for my 12 year old. We may try the mild rotel tomatoes next time. For adults, the regular rotel works fine.
I froze this recipe, dividing it into two 8x8 pans. It turned out pretty good. The only change I'd make is to use a lot more cheese- I added another cup or so to the top when baking.
This is easy as can be. It is great when you do not want to cook. I served it with a bit of sour cream and diced tomatoes. I sure was pleased how fast and easy and tasty it was. Thank You...Hugs