Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the famous Punjab black carrot drink. Its got a lovely unique taste that makes you want to have more and more of it!!
- 1 kg carrot
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 liters hot water
- 3 mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and scrape carrots.
- Cut into 4 lengthwise.
- Dry grind the mustard seeds.
- Mix together carrots, salt, mustard seeds and chilli.
- Gently add water, mix well.
- Put the mixture into a large bottle.
- Close lid tightly and keep it in the sun for 5-6 days.
- Shake the bottle a few times daily.
- Chill kanji before serving.
- Sprinkle chopped mint and serve.