Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 mins
Assorted Seaweed Salad.
- 1⁄8 ounce dried fresh seaweed, see note
- 1 1⁄2 ounces enoki mushrooms
- ice cube
- 2 spring onions
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut lenghtways
- 9 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 teaspoon dashi stock
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, finely grated
- Note use 1/8 ounce each dried wakame, dried arame, dried hijiki seaweeds.
- Soak wakame 10 minutes in one bowl. Soak the arame and hijiki in the same bowl for 30 minutes.
- Trim the hard end of the mushrooms and then cut ih half and seperate the stems.
- Cut onions into long thin 1 1/2 inch strips then soak in cold water with the ice cubes to make them curl. Drain.
- Slice the cucumber into thin half moon strips.
- Cook the wakame and enoki in boilng water for 2 minutes. Then add the arame and hijiki for a few seconds. Immediately remove from heat. Drain and sprinkle with vinegar and salt while warm. Then chill.
- Mix dressing. Arrange salad leaves in large bowl topped with cucumber. Add seaweed. Decorate with onion and serve with dressing.
This was fantastic. I had some wakame in the pantry and was figuring where to use up my enoki mushrooms, and came across this recipe. It was a very refreshing salad, especially during this hot weather here in Melbourne, AUS. I paired this with a simple miso soup, which was not only satisfying but healthy too. Thanks for a great recipe!