Recipe by KitchenManiac
Found this on the Kahlua website (www.kahlua.com)and boy was i NOT disappointed when I tried it. Pleasantly surprised by the wonderful outcome of this cheesecake. So simple, but good.
Top Review by Winnipeg *Mel*
Very tasty! I made this for my DH's birthday and even my non-alcohol drinking in-laws ans kids enjoyed the flavour. I did however find that the cheesecake itself was a bit soft/runny. I don't know why because I cooked it for nearly 1 hour. Oh well, it was still yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce
- 750 g cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream (garnish)
- chocolate curls (garnish)
- caramel sauce (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Oreo cookie Crumbs with melted butter.
- Press on bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup caramel sauce over crust.
- Beat cream Cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- (make sure it is done on LOW speed) Stir in 1/4 cup of Kahlúa.
- Stir in the melted semi sweet chocolate into the cheese mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 min.
- or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate 3 hr.
- or overnight.
- Garnish with Whipping Cream, drizzle with caramel sauce and grated chocolate.