1/1 Photo of Kadju Badun ( Sri Lankan Deviled Cashews)
1 hr 5 mins
I love the peppy-salty seasoning on this wonderful snack or party nibble, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that fried cashews are not greasy at all. I don't know if this is authentic to the recipe, but I also like to let the finished nuts cool just a bit then toss them in a bag with some garlic salt before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cashews, paprika, turmeric, salt and water together in a bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
- 2Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the cashews until they're browned evenly.
- 3Remove from the oil, drain on paper towels and let cool slightly.
- 4In a plastic zipper bag, combine the chili powder and garlic salt to taste; toss the nuts around in the mixture and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kadju Badun ( Sri Lankan Deviled Cashews)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 663.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g