Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great meal for those cold winter nights.
- 2 lbs lean pork
- 1 lb smoked ham hock
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 (12 ounce) cans beer, of your choice
- Ask your butcher if they could grind the pork and ham together, or do it yourself.
- Mix pork and ham with the cracker crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form into a loaf. Roll in cheesecloth and tie the ends securely.
- Place the roll in a big pan and add sufficient beer to cover the loaf.
- Simmer slowly for 2 hours. Unwrap the cheesecloth and serve as a roast or sliced as meat for sandwiches.