Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Directions are simple-- using a handheld mixer and a small bowl or a food processor with a smaller bowl-- beat all ingredients until well mixed.
- Start slow or you will be covered with powdered sugar. :).
- The consistency should not be too firm, but also not runny. It should hesitatingly drip/plop from your spatula if you scoop up a dollop and hold it over the bowl.
- Use an extra tablespoon of cream, or of powdered sugar to regulate the thickness.
- It is best to ice the cooled cookies with the frosting right after you make it, as it will almost be perfectly smooth when it sets.
- Know that if you put it in the fridge it will firm up to almost twice as hard as it is right after you mix it, and when it is cold you can use the mixer on it again to "fluff it up" for other applications like cupcakes.
- It makes about a cup and a half of frosting.