Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like garlic and into salads, you'll love this. A family favorite at any time of the year.
Make and share this Jungle Juice (Cucumber and Tomato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 green cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine cucumber and tomatoes in serving bowl.
- In small mixing bowl add lemon juice, garlic, salt and olive oil.
- Add to cucumber and tomatoes and stir.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours for flavors to combine.
- Serve with steak and fries.
- I like to dip pieces of dark rye bread into the juice for an extra taste sensation.
- Jungle Juice tastes even better the next day topped up with more cucumber and tomatoes if required.
Excellent recipe! I don't know what I was expecting, because it really is just a basic summer dish recipe. But the simple becomes the apex of tomato and cucumber recipes. I did add a "tad" more garlic, but otherwise followed the recipe. I will have this often during the summer. Thnx for posting, Jenny. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
Very tasty and refreshing on a hot day. My kids really enjoyed it too. Definitely something for summer. :D
Great, really tasty, quick to put together. I will probably have this again for lunch tomorrow. I put some pepper in mine, because I am a pepper freak