Recipe by puppitypup
Finally found the original recipe! Fixed as of November 2014
Top Review by joytosew
I have been making this for a long time now. On the grill or in the oven it is an excellent recipe. The meat comes out very tender. My husband loves it so much I finally stopped buying anything but Flank to do this recipe. I also add a little sriracha because we both like a little spice. Thank you for this recipe it is wonderful!
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly score meat on top and bottom.
- Mix marinade and soak meat for several hours, then barbecue.
- NOTE: I removed the 1/8 t kosher salt after the reviews, although I suspect those reviewers probably used regular soy sauce rather than the low sodium as listed. When I use the Italian dressing, I don't use the kosher salt, but if I use olive oil, I do use it.