Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Finally found the original recipe! Fixed as of November 2014
Make and share this Julie's London Broil (Marinated Flank Steak) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- Lightly score meat on top and bottom.
- Mix marinade and soak meat for several hours, then barbecue.
- NOTE: I removed the 1/8 t kosher salt after the reviews, although I suspect those reviewers probably used regular soy sauce rather than the low sodium as listed. When I use the Italian dressing, I don't use the kosher salt, but if I use olive oil, I do use it.
Very good! I used regular soy sauce & I used Olive oil. I sprinkled with kosher salt after baking at 375 degrees for 45 mins... Cooked perfectly. My new recipe!
I did half the recipe. And omitted the salt and pepper. I used homemade soy sauce (no sodium) and worcestershire sauce. I used Italian dressingn and for half it requested 4 garlic clove but I used 2. I omitted the lime juice cause I didn't think it would change a lot (2 drops is not enough). Thanks Puppitypup. Made for Zaar Star Game.
I made this for our Sunday night dinner along with potatoes and corn on the cob. I liked that this marinade was so simple to throw together, no cutting or dicing. I scored the steak and then added the kosher salt and pepper. I choose the the olive oil option as I knew that it also had the lime juice, but didn't realize it was only 4 drops, which you couldn't tell was in the marinade. Between the kosher salt, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce this was very, very salty, and DH and DS only ate a couple of bites. I would use the Italian dressing and decrease both the soy and worcestershire sauces next time. Thanks for posting puppitypup!!!