Recipe by threeinchbooklover
Great muffins that perfectly blend aromatic spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a even banana muffin, resulting in a smooth taste that will have you reaching for more.
Top Review by anonymous23
My muffins came out more like biscuits--they were dense and lumpy and not at all cakey like I was expecting. I also thought that there was very little flavor to them; I could barely taste the bananas and I couldn't tell that there were any spices at all. We ended up discarding the whole batch. A shame, because the list of ingredients sounded so appealing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 bananas (mashed)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare about 6 muffin cups with paper or with cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices.
- In separate bowl, mix banana, milk, butter(or margarine), and egg.
- Combine bowls together but do not overmix.
- You can add walnuts or chocolate chips if you want, but they taste fine without!
- Spoon batter into cups, filling about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are light and a toothpick inserted to the middle comes out clean.