Recipe by lesliecoy
This recipe was part of an article about Julianna Margulies in Good Housekeeping May 2013. Searching for it online did not give me a recipe to save - so I am submitting it to keep ! They just sounded so good and easy enough that I could make them. I hope so ! Original recipe stated use 1/4 Cup - People who tried stated a Tablespoon or Scoop makes the 18 macaroons.
Top Review by momboli
There is a mistake in the instructions. When I got out the 1/4 cup to measure the macaroons I realized that was way too much and wouldn't make 18 macaroons. I used a tablespoon to measure each one and I had exactly 18. They turned out perfectly in the amount of baking time specified. Everybody loved them!
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 591.47 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 0.59 ml salt
- 158.51 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 113.39 g dark chocolate, melted (white, or milk can be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, coconut and salt. Add condensed milk and vanilla; stir until well combined.
- Drop batter by Tablespoon / scoop (original recipe called for 1/4cupfuls), 1 inch apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until just golden on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, dip top halves into melted chocolate of your choice; let stand until set.