Recipe by mandabears
This is a wonderful spice blend that I have using for years. Wonderful for any kind of meat or poultry. Submitting this in honor of Julia Child and her impact on all of us.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
I'm only commenting because I believe whether you like this one or not will come down to your own personal taste.I used this in a recipe (not one here on 'Zaar) that called for poultry seasoning. For me, the overriding taste is "nutmeg", and therefore doesn't have much value for me as a meat or poultry seasoning, even though I do like nutmeg-- just not so much !! I can't envision anything I would be willng to try it on- sorry. But others may differ in this opinion. Thanks for posting.
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder (purchase from American Spice Co. or do it yourself in a blender)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground savory (I have been known to leave this out)
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper (I usually use ground black pepper)