Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful spice blend that I have using for years. Wonderful for any kind of meat or poultry. Submitting this in honor of Julia Child and her impact on all of us.
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder (purchase from American Spice Co. or do it yourself in a blender)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground savory (I have been known to leave this out)
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper (I usually use ground black pepper)
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Store in a screwtop glass jar.
- (I use a funnel to get the spices in the jar).
I'm only commenting because I believe whether you like this one or not will come down to your own personal taste.I used this in a recipe (not one here on 'Zaar) that called for poultry seasoning. For me, the overriding taste is "nutmeg", and therefore doesn't have much value for me as a meat or poultry seasoning, even though I do like nutmeg-- just not so much !! I can't envision anything I would be willng to try it on- sorry. But others may differ in this opinion. Thanks for posting.