Prep 2 hrs
Cook 3 mins
best pita bread ever
- 1 lb self-rising flour (2 3/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast, 2 tab, proofed in
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- mix and knead.
- place in greased bowl and let rise double in bulk.
- push down and let rise again.
- roll out dough and cut in half.
- then cut into quarters.
- then cut into thirds.
- shape into flat round shapes and let rest for 20 minutes.
- preheat oven to 550 degrees.
- place to or three on hot stone watch closely.
- as soon as they puff up remiove them from oven and let cool.
- repeat until all are cooked.
- this will only take a few minutes and they will be very lightly browned.
- but if not brown don't worry because they are done.