Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Also known as "kofta", these little guys are great served in a lettuce leaf and topped with tzatziki sauce (see my recipe for Tzatziki Sauce).
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced of fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- refrigerated tzatziki, sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 4x2-in. oblong patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160 deg. If desired, serve with sauce.