Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
On Judy's notes it says: "Pour a 1/4 cup of DECENT white wine". The recipe also says bake or grill for about 20 minutes. I personally like my salmon on the rare side so I would grill it for less time.
- 1 salmon fillet, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 oranges or 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Place the salmon on foil skin side down and put slits in filet top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread with peach preserve.
- Cover with chopped parsley.
- Layer top with orange or lemon slices.
- Pour wine over all top.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake or grill about 20 minutes.
Great salmon! I made using orange marmalade, sliced oranges on top and cooking wine. I baked it in the foil for 25 minutes since my salmon was kinda thick. Was perfect and I loved that it is scaled back for 1 serving since I am the only one in my family that eats fish! Going into my Best of cookbook. Made for PRMR.
We are back to blistering heat, no a/c, and I could not face turning on the oven, so I did this in a small skillet. My fillet was not quite to thick, so I did not use a lemon slice, but opted to add some lemon juice towards the end. The combination of sweet jam with the salmon was interesting - I'd never had anything like this and it was quite nice. Cooking in foil would have preserved more juices, but it was good even without that. Quick to make, an added bonus.
Nicely flavored ~ and very quick! I used garlic salt, apricot preserves, dried parsley, the lemon slices, then poured 1/4 cup Dry Vermouth around four salmon pieces, then oven-roasted at 425F for 15 minutes. Tagged for 123 Hit Wonders, August 2012.