Recipe by mandabears
Great recipe for left over ham. I love it so much I have been known to buy a ham steak to use in this recipe. Another Peg Bracken recipe. I have changed the type of noodles I use Spinach Fettucine or Mixed Fettucine instead of plain egg noodles. I also grind the ham in my food processor, instead of chopping.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is an excellent recipe! I made it for The Name Game - my mom is Judy & her uncle is an O'Grady, lol We loved this. I used whole wheat noodles & doubled the ham. I considered using 2 cans of soup because I like it GOOEY. 1 was enough but 2 might be good, too. ;) A definite HIT with the kids!! Quick & easy to make. Absolute comfort food. Thank you!
- 12 ounces noodles
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green pepper, chopped, optional in my house
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup or 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 11 x 7 pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Cook the noodles until tender.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Dot with butter.
- Brown carefully in broiler.