Recipe by jodyladybug
This recipe was given to me at my bridal shower by my sister-in-law. We love this!
Top Review by Amateur_Cooking_Fiend
I just used this sauce over penne noodles, and found it quite bland and fatty. Next time I'd use the tortellini and some garlic and italian herbs...It really was a heart attack on a plate though:P
- tortellini, pasta (any filling)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 quarts whipping cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan melt butter.
- add whipping cream and let boil.
- add one can of tomato paste and stir until blended.
- let it cook until sauce is thick and well blended.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- (Add some milk if sauce is too thick).
- In a large pot, boil water.
- add desired amount of tortellini.
- Remove from stove once tortelliini rises to the top.
- drain well and pour sauce over pasta.
- add parmigiano cheese and serve.
- Buon Appetito!