Recipe by 2Bleu
Simple to make, difficult to share, and even harder to put down. Excellent on baked ham. Being out on the prairie with a wagon full of canned goods, Johnny whips this up in no time. Look for more Johnny Jalapeno recipes here on Recipezaar!
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 8 ounces cranberry sauce (with berries if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together pineapple, cranberry sauce, sugar, ginger, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer about 5 minutes till thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapenos and shallot. Cover and chill until ready to serve.