Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple to make, difficult to share, and even harder to put down. Excellent on baked ham. Being out on the prairie with a wagon full of canned goods, Johnny whips this up in no time. Look for more Johnny Jalapeno recipes here on Recipezaar!
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 8 ounces cranberry sauce (with berries if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Stir together pineapple, cranberry sauce, sugar, ginger, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer about 5 minutes till thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapenos and shallot. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
My husband loves this!!! thank you
Used whole berry cranberry sauce for this recipe & just 1 small jalapeno, along with the rest of the indicated ingredients & came away with an OUTSTANDING chutney! Might very well be excellent on ham, but it is also a wonderful dip for chicken fingers & a spread for multigrain bread squares or crackers! Absolutely a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
This is grand! I will make this anytime I need to have chutney RIGHT NOW. Delicious and made with ingredients that are easy to have on hand. I added some cayenne, cloves and cinnamon, but otherwise made as written. Thanks for sharing!