Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Mexican Family Cooking. This is best if the vegetables are chilled.
Make and share this Jitomates Con Alcaparras (Tomato and Capers Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Strain and set aside.
- Place onion slices in ice water to cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Line a chilled serving platter with romaine leaves, preferably the pale inner leaves for color contrast.
- Place tomatoes on top of lettuce.
- Top with onion slices.
- Top with capers.
- Spoon dressing over salad.