Recipe by Cynna
I'm not sure where the name comes from, but I thought it was cute. This is a yummy and healthy breakfast or brunch fare for anyone.
Top Review by Rita~
Easy and flavorful! The egg yolks do get completely cook. No soft center here. So if you are looking for a soft yolk do bake for 15 minutes not the 20 minutes. I did use fresh herbs and a smoked cheddar with made this rock! I also did use smart balance spread on the English muffin and non fat milk. Thanks
- 6 large eggs
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break 1 egg into each of 6 ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Combine tomato, basil, and oregano.
- Top each egg with 1/4 cup tomato mixture.
- Combine milk, salt, and pepper; spoon 2 tablespoons milk mixture over tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve with English muffins.