Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
I tried International Coffee's Dark Mayan Chocolate Coffee Mix and it was to cinnamony for me so I added some OJ. And tada, my favorite coffee was born. I started South Beach recently so I attempted to recreate a sugar free version and here it is. I make my coffee with milk instead of water which makes it seem like more of a treat. I am always sad when I get to the bottom of the mug! :)
- 1 cup nonfat milk (If your not dieting whole milk is even better!)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract (you could use a splash of OJ instead)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coffee-mate sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- Heat milk in microwave safe cup for 1 min (this should not be the cup you intend to drink from I use my glass measure cup). In a separate microwave safe coffee mug, mix dry ingredients. Pour warmed milk into mug and stir (mixture may not completely dissolve yet). Add orange extract or OJ. Stir then heat mug in microwave for another 1 min or until desired temp is reached. Stir and enjoy!
I used a little more milk and heated it in a sauce pan (no boil over). I used several tsp of creamer and two packets of equal. I just loved this! A real winner.* update* I wrote the review before I finished the whole cup, by the time I got to the bottom of the cup, the orange flavor was too intense, so that being said, I would just add two or three tiny drops of orange extract.
Another keeper! I used rice milk and a teaspoon of almond butter instead of creamer, fresh orange zest and a little vanilla syrup. Great blend of flavors! Thanks for sharing. Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
I finally had a chance to make & enjoy this tonight. I used vanilla soy milk, decaf coffee, a splash of orange juice and plain coffee creamer. The flavours all came together making my tastebuds very happy! A definite keeper! Made for the Comfort Cafe-Jan'10. Just one word of caution, when I heated the mixture in the microwave the 2nd time, I had a problem with "boilover". Make sure your mug is big enough to prevent this....