Recipe by HOTTOPOT
I loooove a great hot sub, and this is allll that and better with a bag of chips!!! and a nice dill pickle!
Top Review by Bake Em N Take Em
I've been making stromboli by a recipe just like this for years, except mine didn't have the garlic butter. I came in search of a way to add more flavor to my stromboli & I think that's exactly what I was looking for!
- 16 ounces frozen bread dough (thawed)
- 1⁄4 lb thin sliced ham
- 1⁄4 lb sliced salami
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter (or butter)
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- Place dough on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Pat to a 15x10 inch rectangle.
- Arrange ham slices lengthwise down the center, follow with salami.
- Sprinkle with half of seasonings.
- Top with cheeses.
- Sprinkle rest of seasonings.
- Moisten all edges of dough with water.
- Bring long ends together at center and press securely to seal.
- Seal ends.
- Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Carefully invert, seal side down, on baking sheet.
- Brush top with rest of butter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes.