Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the original recipe for the Jell-o sheet cake frosting from the 1970's. I had to search Mom's recipes to find it as the new recipe just uses Cool Whip alone. The only change it to Cool Whip from dream whip to save a step. Everyone loves it.
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- combine ingredients except the Cool Whip in a medium bowl and beat on low until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Fold in Cool Whip topping.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before frosting the jello cake.
- refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
This frosting is the best one to use with any flavor poke cake. Way better than just frosting with plain cool-whip.
Absolutely delicious, I just wish that it would have firmed up. Not sure if it was me, was I supposed to let the pudding firm up first then fold in the cool whip? Anyway's it did taste yummy. I will deffinately try this again and see what happens.
This was so good! At first I thought the powdered sugar would make it too sweet but it went perfectly with the cake. So yummy! I used Strawberry Poke Cake Strawberry Poke Cake with it. Fantastic! Thank you!