Strawberry Poke Cake
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- In a large bowl beat prepare cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil and egg whites.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for stated time on box.
- Cool completely on wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Pierce cooled cake with small-holed straw at 3/4-inch intervals.
- In a heat-proof bowl mix gelatin powder with 1 cup boiling water until no granules remain, then add in 1/2 cup cold water; mix to combine.
- Carefully pour mixture over the entire top of the cooled cake.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before topping.
- Top with desired frosting then arrange sliced strawberries over the top of the cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!