Recipe by ladydae
A fun treat for Easter, or they can also be made into ball form for Christmas or just a nice dinner party dessert. These are pretty rich, but addictive! This recipe seems to be from Kraft, but I'm not sure, as I only have a copy.
- 1 (113 g) packagejell-o instant pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 6 white chocolate baking squares
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- colored candy sprinkles (optional) or icing sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir pudding, water and margarine in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix in sugar by cupfuls, stirring until mixture forms a ball. Form into 3-cm. (1 1/2-inch) egg shapes. Refrigerate until firm.
- Partially melt chocolate in separate bowls over hot water until 2/3 melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until all chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip eggs into chocolate and place on a sheet of wax paper to harden; decorate with coloured sprinkles or icing.
- For a more sophisticated look, experiment with dipping or swirling the eggs in both types of chocolate. This can make some nice light-dark or swirl patterns.
- For multi-coloured eggs, make 2 fillings using 2 pudding flavours. Roll small centres from 1 flavour and surround by second flavour.