Recipe by gaitch32
It separates into three layers by itself just like the old fashioned store bought one.
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
woo-hoo!!! this was great! what a blast from the past. my kids thought that is was so cool to catch it separate into layers. Extra ephasis on "poor slowly into glasses" (Do not stop between the glasses to answer the phone!) Be careful that the water isn't too hot, or your blender will blow its top. I acutally wound up using my Braun Hand Blender. What a treat!
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons powdered egg whites
- 2 cups hot water
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup ice (Make 1 1/2 cups of ice water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Jello and hot water in a blender about 1 minute on high.
- Add creamer and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add cold water and ice and blend until ice has dissolved.
- Add powdered egg whites and blend for about one minute.
- Pour into glasses slowly.
- Refrigerate and it will separate just like you remember it.