Recipe by Taris Flashpaw
This recipe is one that popped out of my head recently. It's called "Jazz Lasagna" because it's similar to a lasagna but it's mostly improvised. The best thing to use for this recipe is leftover hamburger seasoned with taco seasoning mix, but you can season it yourself if you like.
- 1⁄2 lb medium ground beef
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 g rigatoni pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 -3 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute ground beef in olive oil until cooked.
- DO NOT drain Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large pot, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, return to pot and remove from heat.
- Stir in ground beef, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and two-thirds of the cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a rectangular cake pan.
- Cover with remaining cheddar cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.