Recipe by Charmed
These cookies are from an old Bon Appetit magazine. I piped them out using a serrated tip, and they looked so pretty! I've put them on quite a few Christmas trays.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (or instant crystals crushed to powder)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles or very finely chopped nuts (or any other topping you might like.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position your oven rack in lower third of the oven.
- Preheat to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter& sugar.
- Beat in the coffee powder.
- Add the flour and 1/4 cup ground walnuts and blend well.
- The dough will be stiff.
- Place dough in pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch tip and pipe into 2-inch lengths on baking sheet.
- (I've never tried it, but I'm sure you could shape them by hand into small logs if necessary.) Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minuts.
- Cool on rack.
- Melt the chocolate and dip both ends of each cookie into the chocolate, and then into the sprinkles, nuts, or topping of your choice.
- Store in an airtight container.