Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love coffee flavored stuff! YUMMMMM
Make and share this Java Jolt Ice Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 20 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup bottled hot fudge topping
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons very strong coffee
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, 2 cups slightly softened
- 1 quart java chip ice cream (Starbucks)
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
- Coat a 9-in. pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Process cookies and coffee granules in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter; process until crumbs are moistened. Press over bottom and up sides of pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes until firm.
- Glaze: Mix ingredients in a small bowl until blended. Transfer 1/3 cup to a small ziptop bag; seal bag. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Spread the 2 cups softened vanilla ice cream in crust; freeze 30 minutes until firm. Meanwhile, slightly soften 2 cups java chip ice cream. Spread evenly on vanilla ice cream. Cut tip off 1 corner of ziptop bag; pipe Glaze over ice cream. Freeze 30 minutes until glaze and ice cream are firm.
- Meanwhile, soften rest of vanilla ice cream. Spread carefully over glaze. Freeze 30 minutes. Meanwhile, soften rest of java chip ice cream. Spread on pie to 1 inches from edge. Freeze until firm.
- Stir glaze. Spread on pie; sprinkle with espresso beans. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Planning Tip: The finished pie can be wrapped airtight and frozen up to 2 weeks.