Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rice is made with green tea in place of plain water, which gives it a delicate floral note. A delicious accompaniment to any stir-fry. You can add a couple dashes of ginger, for extra zing. Recipe is from Whole Foods Market.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
- 2 cups boiling water, allowed to cool for 2 minutes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Place rice in a dry saucepan over medium heat.
- Toast the rice until fragrant and lightly golden in color, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brew the tea in the water for 1 minute. Strain the tea.
- Add hot tea to rice in the saucepan.
- Add salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Allow the rice to rest for a few minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and garnish with green onions and almonds.