Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious.
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups snow pea sprouts or 2 cups sunflower sprouts
- 2 red radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine cabbage, sprouts and radishes in large bowl.
- Remove peel and all white pith from oranges with sharp paring knife.
- Cut segments free from membrane then cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces and add to bowl.
- To make dressing:.
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl; pour over salad and mix to wilt sprouts.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile toast sesame seed in dry skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over salad.