Recipe by Larry E Vaughn
This is a zesty recipe that combines a number of tantalizing flavors. This is a scratch recipe that has much more body than the store bought seasoning. Excellent with red beans & rice!
Top Review by Zurie
Very tasty, easy chicken dish. The list of ingredients seem long, but actually it consists of stuff we all have in our kitchens. The directions are straightforward and easy. I cut down on the large recipe, as we are only 2 diners tonight. Great flavours, and a really good dish for someone like Larry, who has a B & B. Thanks, Larry!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in 9x13 deep cake pan or casserole, blending each ingredient as it is added.
- Add chicken to mixture, mixing well, making sure all pieces are well coated
- Press chicken firmly in pan, allowing ingredient mixture to cover all pieces of chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2-24 hours.
- Bake covered @ 375 for one hour.
- Remove cover and bake @ 400 for 30 additional minutes.
- Mix well after removing from oven, drain, and serve hot, with red beans & rice.