Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Given to me personally after much whining, begging, and eye-lash fluttering by Michael Thompson of Michael's Restaurant and Ancho Chile Bar in Fort Worth, Texas. This is used to make his once infamous, signature Jalapeno Margarita which they no longer serve except by request... if you're lucky! So simple... who would have thought?
- 4 cups sweet and sour cocktail mix, freshly made
- 4 large jalapenos, fresh
- Stem, seed, and slice jalapenos into rounds.
- Add mix and peppers in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Steep for at least 24 hours.
- Note: The longer the steeping time the hotter the mix. Experiment to find your favorite heat level. The jalapenos will soften and "cook" in the acidic juice, adopting a sweet and sour flavor. Use these sweet and sour peppers in place of your jarred, pickled jalapenos and you'll never go back -- you'll find yourself making this recipe just to get the sweet and sour peppers!