Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from Southern Living. It is adapted from the cookbook, Cooking Texas Style: Tenth Anniversary Edition by Candy Wagner and Sandra Marquez. The heat of the peppers is soothingly coated with lots of cheese, so don't be afraid of the jalapenos! If you want a milder taste, just do half a jar of peppers--which would be about 4 of them. Stir in some leftover chicken or sausage for an easy brunch dish. With only 3 ingredients, what an easy dish to prepare! It's really delicious too!
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, and remove seeds.
- Rinse with cold water, and drain on paper towels.
- Mince peppers.
- Sprinkle half of cheese in an 11 X 7-inch pan; top with peppers and remaining cheese.
- Pour eggs over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes, and cut into squares.
Oh my, what can I say about something so easy, but so inviting in it's presentation, and so sinfully delicious to devour. All three of my favorite foods! This was lightening fast to prepare, and I cut them into bite sized pieces for an appetizer before dinner. The only change was I added fresh jalapenos instead of jarred, and shredded jalapeno jack cheese too. Thanks so much, Juenessa,we will be making this often!