With store bought hummus, the quantity is small and prices are high... plus I like to be able to control the ingredients, so I adapted this recipe from ingredient labels. Please note that I use Bertolli Extra Light "Tasting" olive oil for the mild flavor. This hummus will taste significately different if you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I don't recommend it... unless you like the strong taste. If you don't have a Kitchen Aide Garlic Press, I highly recommend one... I bought mine at Fry's Electronics... it is easy to use and clean. This Jalapeno and Lime Hummus is great as a dip, on pita or as a sandwich spread.
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (Chick Peas)
- 3 tablespoons bertolli extra light tasting olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (Fresh Sesame Seeds)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeeze lime juice (about one lime)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh pressed (about two cloves)
- 3 tablespoons bottled jalapenos, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Put all items into a small food processor and blend until smooth.