Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe for a jalapeno margarita would provide enough cool, with a little kick, to bring some relief. It comes courtesy of the folks at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, Texas, and, it is the best jalapeno margarita recipe I’ve had!
- 3 limes, sliced
- 2 slices jalapeno peppers (small circular slices)
- 3⁄4 ounce triple sec or 3⁄4 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 2 1⁄2 ounces favorite margarita mix
- Muddle lime slices and jalapeño slices in the bottom of a 12-ounce glass, combining the fresh lime juice with the jalapeño juice and seeds.
- Pour tequila and orange liqueur directly into the glass, then add the sweet-and-sour mix.
- Fill the glass with ice, then pour the contents into a cocktail shaker; shake ingredients together.
- Wet the rim of the glass, turn it over and press the rim into salt.
- Pour ingredients back into the glass and garnish with lime wedges or slices and a jalapeño slice on the edge of the glass.