Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This favorite comfort food is an OUTSTANDING recipe for Mac N Cheese. Rich, creamy and custardy, this amazing delight is "THE BEST" Macaroni And Cheese I have ever had the pleasure of tasting... Try it, it will become your FAVORITE too!!! Please Note: The Louisiana and Crystal hot sauce just adds flavor, and is not hot in flavor like Tabasco. I put a little twist on this recipe and made it, adding in a can of Ro-tel tomatoes with mild green chilies. It was GREAT! I just posted some pictures
Top Review by ***KissTheCook***
I was looking for a macaroni and cheese recipe that was different from the regulars that I have tried before baked in the oven. This one is far superior to any I have had to date. My husband ate and ate and ate and kept dishing up more. I loved the rich creaminess of this mac and cheese. The flavors were so good and I really liked it because it has a different taste and texture than others I have tried, being nice and thick and custardy and creamy all at once. So so delicious! My kids gobbled this up like there was no tomorrow. No more boxed stuff for them from now on. Thank you!
- 1 lb macaroni
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 lb margarine, melted (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce (Not Tabasco) or 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce (Not Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel diced tomatoes with green chilies, puts a little Mexican twist to it (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni according to pkg. directions.
- Spray 9x13" pan with pam cooking spray.
- Mix macaroni, soups, milk, eggs and melted margarine, hot sauce, salt, and pour into pan. It should be soupy when you pour it inches.
- Cook at 350, for approximately 1 hours.
- Macaroni is done when knife inserted in middle comes out clean.